Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No-Sew-Scarf

I love scarfs! I love how they are bulky and free flowing and always add that PizaZZ you need in an outfit! For this project…I wanted to make something that was quick and cute.. I HAVE a ton of cotton/jersey from my now favorite store *Sas Fabrics*... I was able to go while visiting my best friend in AZ and I'm hooked! 

For this fabulous ((NO SEW)) project all you need is cotton/jersey fabric or you could use some old t-shirts and a pair of scissors. 

"Step-by-Step- Day-by-Day" 

1) Takes your desired fabric and grab a pair of fabric scissors if you have them, otherwise any scissors will do.
2) Take the fabric and cut it into 1-1 1/2” horizontal strips. (Don’t be a perfectionist with the strips it gives the scarf some edge if things aren’t even.)
3) Then take 3-4 shirt strips in both hands, and gently stretch them out. (The strips will naturally curl into themselves.)
4) Once you've done this with several of the strips (I used about 9 strips), it is time to get creative! Start draping them, wrapping one end with excess fabric, combining colors, braiding them, attaching beads, pins, old jewelry!
Get Crazy/Crafty/Creative. 

Its cute by it's self or with a little added broach/pin. 


Here are some other sites that have great ideas for super easy no sew and sew scarfs. 




















Have Fun!

XOXO

Samantha 

4 comments:

  1. I love it, I am going to try and make one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, and so chic! I also am dieing to make ruffle scarves like this one;
    http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-summer-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great round up post on scarves, really like the ones you found. i love the scarf you made, especially with the flowers on it :)

    thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

    have a great day,

    katie@little things bring smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it with the pin! I m totally trying this! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...