Thursday, May 5, 2011

What does your craft room look like?


I don't know about ya'll but I am a very messy crafter. I am lucky enough to have a craft room that is also our laundry/storage/Jeremiah's closet area. This area is also the " Oh crap, people are coming over so let put everything in laundry baskets and Sam will just sort it later" area.  It is really nice that I have a workbench and plenty of drawers and area to storage all my crafty crap. 
So this past week.. I marched my butt into the black hole of craftiness and started to de-junk and reorganize. 
Here are some before pictures:
* Yes... it a a mess

*And yes.. I do own a lot of crap.



Voila its like magic::


I love my Ikea boxes- so cheap and such a great way to store things. 

So I don't know about the rest of you... But I often dream about "When I Grow up Craft Room". BeautifulPerfect and Posh. I’ve been eyeing lots of beautiful craft rooms lately, especially for storage solutions, and here are some of the craft rooms that caught my eye!

1.  I love all the shelving and how sweet the bunting looks in this room from I Have to Say. I want my fabric to be that organized!
2.  I found this sweet little nook over at Home Designing, and they say if was from Benita‘s craft room. I like how they fit in a space for lounging! I wonder if that bench has hidden storage? This is the sort of craft night area I want. Maybe combined with some floor pillows for extra seating!
3.  I am in love with Jen Caputo’s craft room! Not only are her walls mustard yellow, she’s using a pegboard to organize! Great Ideas.
4.  This room from Rosie Posie is so bright and cheery! I love all the surface area which would definitely help with sewing bigger projects. 
5.  Oh, the storage! The folks at lil sprinkles found this sewing corner on Sweet Home Style. I like how they combine open shelves with containers, so you can see everything without it looking messy.
Have you guys been organizing your crafty spaces? I’d love to see more inspiration in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...